Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP: MADRONA ROAD

Still plugging along at this Madrona Road quilt. We got hit with the stomach flu last week so I went 3 days without touching it. One of which was my guild sew day/holiday party (big bummer). I was really flying along too, but alas, I'm back at it. I tried to float my blocks a little bit. Not sure quite if it's what I was hoping for, in retrospect I should have varied the block size more. In any case I like how it's looking.



I am hoping to hand quilt this but the local shops around here don't seem to carry a good selection of perle cotton #8. I am hoping to find someone with a color card to borrow from, otherwise I'll have to break down and buy one. Not sure I want to attempt to color match from a computer.


Finished this cowl over the weekend. Very happy with how it turned out.

UFO's:


Star Wars quilt (binding only)
Echo Hexagon Quilt
BOM from Sew Mama Sew
Tumbler Quilt (all cut)
Malka Quilt (basted already)
Top Secret Quilt (have top and back done)
Bee Quilt (one a charity quilt, one a girl quilt)
Possible:  I Spy and Polaroid Quilts (no real actual plans)

Other projects:
Reusable Baby Wipes
Sweat pants
iPad case
Swim cover-up
Star Wars curtains and pillowcases
Bean Bag chair

I'm Linking Up.



1 comment:

  1. Your Madrona Road quilt is looking awesome. What is the fabric color and brand you're using for background? The blocks really pop.

    ReplyDelete