Friday, September 9, 2011

Madison Quilt Expo

Wow! Long day yesterday. The Madison Quilt Expo was exhausting. I still can't believe how many people were there for a Thursday during the day. I can't even imagine how packed it must get over the weekend.

I didn't spend nearly as much as I thought I would, thankfully, but probably because I didn't see as much modern fabric as I had hoped. There was one entirely modern fabric booth and then with some digging you could find modern fabric sprinkled among the others.

I was very happy with my purchases. I found some great kids fabric and was really excited to find these octopuses. My 2.5 year old loves octopi!




One of the cool things I saw over and over that I just loved were "twisted pinwheels." So I bought this kit to make them in a future quilt. Maybe a Dr Seuss quilt, wink wink.





One of the other cool things I found was this panel. Perfect for two little boys. I am planning to back it with denim or corduroy and including some pockets for cars. Maybe some handle/roll up type action too so that it can go with us. I see a tutorial in my future!

Lastly, I found these spectacular shell buttons. I am going to use these for one of those Modern Crosses quilts that I've got big plans for. Soooo excited. I just love these!!


Those tomatoes I left you with yesterday...became almost 20 cups of sauce. With that and car maintenance and a trip to the zoo for a 1st train ride...I've had another exhausting day. Sheesh. Time for bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment