It's Wednesday already? Oh well, I guess it is.
So here's what I've been working on this week:
My Summer Sampler is quilted and the binding is attached. I just need to hand sew the binding on. I wonder how long that will take me....my least favorite part of quilting. I ran out of the thread for this quilt, aw shucks, I guess I need to make a stop at the fabric store.
A little about quilting my sampler...I started out wanting to stitch in the ditch around everything but as I started around my squares I ran into some difficulties. Wherever there was seam bulk my machine had trouble getting through it. I was using my walking foot but I wonder if that would happen if I was using the free motion foot. Anyone know? So I ended up just sewing in the ditch around the blocks and in my border fabric and not inside any of the blocks. I still broke a needle even avoiding the very bulky centers of my squares! (I also broke a needle when I was stitching on my binding, but I think that was from a bobbin tangle.) Overall, I think this is good ammunition for getting up the courage to try free motion quilting. We shall see.
Next up is my Storytime quilt for the 100 Quilts for kids QAL. I'm also double dipping and using this as my Robert Kaufman charm pack challenge. Oh yeah I did! I am conveniently using "Remix" by Ann Kelle for Kaufman as an accent fabric and the backing. Looking forward to starting this, there are some awesome prizes for doing this QAL.
Technically not a WIP, but they're finished! My hexi pillows. Thanks again Lee, for this awesome pattern.
TTFN. I'm linking up with WIP at Freshly Pieced.