Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIP, I'm Quilting, Mostly

Been working on my Starry Punch quilt again. I've struggled a bit with the quilting. I tried doing a grid with colored thread and ripped that out. I thought it was just too much for an already busy quilt. Next I tried some diagonal lines and decided against random ones and went for a more precise line through the middle of each 3 1/2" square in a row. I tried to go the other other direction and had puckering, ugh, so I decided to just quilt every single row. I used a light grey 50wt Aurifil thread. It's coming along. I hope to be done tonight and get the binding sewn on tomorrow.

 

Speaking of Aurifil, they posted my last blog post on their Facebook page, super cool! I hope that I picked up a few more followers from the exposure. 

These bee blocks were completed this week. This one is for my Modern 99 bee with that cute Laurie Whisbrun polar bear fabric. Isn't it adorable? And what a great block!! It's the Quatrefoil block on pg 150.



I made this paper-pieced block for Lee, who's in my local guild bee. Super fun! I love the colors and Christmas fabric she chose. Lee helpfully made us a Pinterest board for inspiration and I chose the Pioneer Compass for eQuiltPatterns.




The real question my mind is pondering is what to take along to this weekend's quilt retreat. I have quilts in mind for all three of these fabric lines.

For my Echo fabric, I'm thinking 6" hexagons.

 

A Stitch in Color, I'm thinking Malka's Whirlygig pattern.

 

And this Summersville I was thinking the Cub Crawl Baby Quilt from the Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop book and making it a few rows longer.

 


What are your thoughts?

Linking up!

 

1 comment: