Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP, just made it

It's Wednesday and I just barely made it in time.

I'm still working on my Starry Punch quilt. I finished piecing the back but it's so large that I don't have a large enough surface to baste it on. I'm going to wait till my MQG's sew day in June to baste it and start quilting.

Currently, I'm working on my bee quilt. Remember these blocks? Since these blocks are from my first bee and I personally know these ladies, I decided to sew their names on all these blocks using my alphabet. Here is the layout I've chosen.

 

I'm adding white borders to these blocks using Essex Linen. I love the feel of this fabric, I can't wait to quilt on it.

 

Super excited to show you more very soon. Also planning to get back to my Dead Simple quilt and my BOM quilt.

TTFN, linking up!

3 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite quilt blocks. I love what you've done with the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful, both in design and color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to add our names, I love it! : ) Can't wait to see how it comes together. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete