Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIP: 3 DOWN, 3 TO GO

I finished 3 of these pouches this week and have 3 to go. I am very happy with how they have turned out so far. I'm giving them as gifts tomorrow and although that seems like pressure, I'm not sweating it all. I think I'll get at least two of them done today and will only have one left tomorrow afternoon. Cookies are baked and white elephant present wrapped, I'm totally under control.


I also started another pair of socks. It's my first time knitting with Koigu yarn and now I can see why it's so popular. It's ridiculously soft and I love the colors!! I'm going to try an easy lace pattern, not ready for those crazy lace charts yet. But I do love knitting socks on 8" circular needles and I really needed a project to work on when I'm too tired to pull out the sewing machine but not too tired to watch tv. Ha!


I'm thinking hard about what to make for the Modern Quilt Guild's Madrona Road Challenge. I think I'm going to make a sampler of some sorts. Not sure about using the Farmers Wife blocks, but some type of blocks are in order. I saw a sneak peak of a GORGEOUS sampler quilt made with Madrona Road and haven't been able to get that out of my head. Any ideas out there?

I'm linking up!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a Madrona sampler quilt?? That sounds crazy awesome!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sampler quilts. I also love socks! Fun projects!

    ReplyDelete