Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIP AND A FINISH

Yay, I finished this quilt over the weekend. I am so happy with it, it's washed and ready for cold weather. Of course it's going to be in the 90's for the next few days. Ha!

 

This weekend we had our kick-off for the Mod in Milwaukee challenge. We had a great crowd for Allison's talk about fabric design. It was so interesting and inspiring. I talked about the Milwaukee Modern Quilt Guild and our first challenge using her My Fair Milwaukee Fabric Collection. Here is a pick of me with Allison and Julie, the owner of my LQS, Patched Works


We are in the middle of a stay-cation so I've been furiously finishing bee blocks amongst trips to Chicago museums, redecorating the boys room and deciding on what to register for at QuiltCon!! 

Here are two of three paper pieced blocks I finished, I have one more to go. Since we have themed the boys' room Star Wars, I have two Star Wars quilts on deck. I've got some ideas swirling in my head on how to modernize these large novelty prints.

 

Hope you are all having a good week. I'm linking up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment