Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday, I'm a secret agent

That's right, I'm working on my first top secret project. I'm pattern testing so I can't show you what I'm intensely working on. It's a fabulous quilt, you are all going to want to make one! I can however, show you the fabric I'm working with. I'm mostly using the line Quilt Blocks along with different colors of Essex Linen. It's bright and cheery.



Last night was Kona Club at my LQS and I spent more than half of the gift certificate I won. Yep, half and it sure was fun. They started a new membership club where if you buy a bolt and a color card you get 20% off every single day on all Kona's. I couldn't pass that up so I am now the proud owner of my very first BOLT of ultra white fabric. How awesome is that? I feel like a real quilter now, I own a bolt. I know, I'm silly.

I also picked up a stack of the 28 new solids, I have a rainbow quilt idea going through my head, we shall see. Our color this quarter was green, I love green, super happy with this quarters' stack. And I also picked up these solids (and a little bit of Parson Gray) which I now need to label. I've decided to be super organized about my solids so I don't buy doubles and label them after I buy them. In addition to a little sewing this afternoon, I have some labeling to do. My librarian side is shining through.



In the works is a challenge for my local MQG. We have a fabric designer in our group who designed fabric with a Milwaukee theme, called My Fair Milwaukee. It's gorgeous so we're having a challenge to create something amazing using her fabric. It's called Mod in Milwaukee Challenge and we are finishing up all of our publicity materials, but we're having a kick off even at our LQS with the designer. Super excited. I'll post all the details soon.

I'm linking up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment