Monday, August 22, 2011

Quilt Top

Sorry it's been a while. As I said, I was busy getting ready to torture my students. My quizzes are all done, I'll just tweek them the week before I give them. I am heading to school this week to get my packets made for my new students. I feel well ahead of the game, yay! This way I can keep up with my quilting too.

Speaking of that, after careful review of others in our flickr group, I asked Deb from A Quilters Table, if I could use her idea for borders. Essentially I put 2.5 inch borders around my blocks in an alternating fashion so that when sewn together, they look log-cabin-esk. I love the end result! The borders also allowed me a chance to trim my blocks to a uniform size without worrying about the block pattern. My blocks ended up 16". Now all I need to do is select backing fabric, sew together my binding (I'm going to make it scrappy), make my quilt sandwich, baste and quilt. It's getting there.


This weekend I made a trip to a fellow guilder's shop, Drawstring Studio. What a fantastic shop! I loved every fabric in that shop! Clearly the owner and I have similar tastes. I bought this great fabric for the back (zig-zags) and binding (solid brown) to go along with the RKSCQ, which is next on my list of quilts to make. Super excited.


I also found these fat quarters that were calling out to me. I am thinking of a little girls quilt maybe for my niece or one of my goddaughters. We shall see.


0 comments:

Post a Comment