Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP, I'm seeing stars

It's that time again folks, WIP is back and so am I.

All 20 of my star blocks are done for my Seuss quilt. I'm not sure if there needs to be more white space or not. What do you think? I think I'll sit on this for a while, in the meantime I am going to quilt my Thomas quilt, finally.


Here is my practicing of FMQ. (Ignore the hideous fabric.) I was hoping to do meandering square in squares but I am definitely not ready for that. It's going to take much more control of my new machine before that can happen. Not to mention I enjoy being very precise and let's face it, FMQ is not precise in any way, nor is it supposed to be. I guess that means I'm back to straight lines for now! I'll save the FMQ for a time in which I can be more lackadaisical and not so uptight about it. Maybe a Bee quilt.


Speaking of that, I'm all ready for the 3 Bee's I'm signed up for this year.


Here is the first block to be mailed. Super excited to be doing this! I hope my sewing/pressing skills are up to par. This one clearly needs to be pressed better. Just another thing to work on right?

Last night was our monthly MQG meeting and it has gotten me super energized. We are such a great group of ladies, they are all so inspiring! And, I started the Bee by passing out my fabric. I am so excited that everyone who's in showed up, now I can't wait to see the blocks being made.

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Love the Seuss stars...I have a whole stash of Seuss fabrics and am searching for the 'perfect' pattern before I cut into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are so pretty, Rebecca! Your bee block is looking great, too. Have fun in your bees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same bee! I mailed my block back yesterday. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stars quilt, they are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete