Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fabric Store Trip

Today was a great day. Not only did I get a good start on block 8, I made a trip to two fabric stores. I'm very happy with my purchases. I'll have to head back to the first shop in a few weeks because the really modern fabrics were blocked by some sort of group meeting at the store. I could see the fabric but couldn't get close enough! But I did find these fabrics at 50% off:



I especially love how the purple fabric has what looks like bacteria to me on it! And who doesn't love a good giraffe print?

I mentioned before that I'm going to do the Sew Mama Sew Block of the Month QAL, well these fabrics are for that (from my second shop stop). I was going to pick all solids but as they were cutting all my selections I went browsing and found the perfect print that matches all my solids!! This print was calling my name. The ladies at the shop loooooved my selections of solids. Yay me!





Lastly, I totally fell in love with this line and what'd you know, the shop had many of the fabrics in the collection. It's Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry in the cool palette. Can't wait to figure out a pattern that will compliment this line. I saw a great pattern that used this line by one of my favorite bloggers, but I actually think I might use this pattern called Chain Linked, for the Guild's Robert Kaufman solid charm-pack challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment