Sunday, July 31, 2011

Block 9

Besides working on Block 9 this weekend I spent some quality time in my garden, or rather yard. I really needed to get some weeding done so I spent 2.5 hours in the 87 degree heat on Saturday weeding the yard. I hoped to weed the half of my garden that was actually on my to-do list but when I got there, alas, it was swarming with bees. Yep, there were honey bees swarming the ivy that grows on the house which happens to me right behind my veg garden. Well I've been stung many a time in weird ways (up my dress, on the bottom of my foot, the inside of my finger, on my ear) so I was not about to get stung again. Hopefully I can get in there sometime this week, although it's supposed to be really hot so I'll probably have to battle the mosquitoes to get it done. Ugh.

I did manage to get block 9 done. It was a pretty simply constructed block but for some reason I had trouble ironing. I kept wrinkling parts that I didn't mean too and was left with creases. Don't know what that was all about. I think technique-wise the block looks good although I'm not sure how I feel about my color choices. We'll see when all is done how it fits in. Speaking of that, this marks 3 weeks complete and only one week left. I'm going to be sad when all this quilting excitement is over. Although I have many more ideas and projects to get cracking on. I think I'll try to make a schedule of sorts to motivate me to get them done in a timely fashion. We'll see how that goes!


Post a Comment